Friday, June 3, 2011

Kimchee!

I grew up on kimchee.  There are so many different kinds and different types for the different seasons.  I love it all!  My mom still makes her own.  Last summer I started to experiment with a kimchee recipe I had found online and tweaked it with my mom's recipe (well not really a recipe, but rather mental notes from helping her make kimchee).  I started to make it again this year.


Cleaned, chopped and salted.  This is Yeoulmu, which is labeled young radish at the market.

Flour, water, and sugar mixture boiled and cooled.  (You can add fish sauce if you like).  Once cooled you add red pepper flakes and then mix with the young radish leaves pictured above.

Chopped up peppers, onions, garlic, and ginger. 

Ready to sit and ferment for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment