Thursday, September 27, 2012

Magic Bars

I made these for a friend's birthday last weekend. She has a real sweet tooth. I say that because these are uber sweet. You can call them magic bars, 7 layer bars, monster magic bars or hello dolly bars.

Love my smart stick blender. Easy clean up.

I added butterscotch chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, 
white chocolate chips, pecans, and coconuts.

drizzle condensed milk on top



Magic Bars
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into large pieces
1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped (or walnuts)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (just under half a small can)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a heatproof bowl melt the butter in the microwave (make sure it doesn't get hot).  Add the graham cracker crumbs. Mix well and then press evenly into the bottom of 8×8 baking pan. Then evenly distribute the chocolate chips, pecans, and butterscotch chips into the pan. I usually layer the shredded coconut last, but you can do it anyway you want.  Pour the sweetened condensed milk over whole mixture.
Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is light brown.
Cut into small squares once it is cool.


While I was baking I heard a man's voice in the living room. So I went to check on A and she was playing legos and listening to this...a history lecture from Stanford University.  This girl cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment