Thursday, December 20, 2012

A is home sick with the stomach flu this week. Poor girl. I haven't gone out in 3 days (except to the doctor's office) . By the time E gets home I'm too tired to do anything.

My little sister turned 30 a couple of weeks. She was out of town on a business trip on her actual birthday so we had a late celebration.  I wanted to make this salted caramel ding dong cake ever since I saw it in Bon Appetit.

I only used the cake batter recipe from the magazine. (here is link to the whole recipe ).  I used a shortcut for the filling...marshmallow fluff in a  jar :) For the ganache, I used my own recipe.

The cake was really moist.

ready for the oven

lots of gooey filling

crumb coat




final coat


tada!


the inside

happy birthday seesta!


No comments:

Post a Comment