Friday, February 3, 2012

Pear Vanilla Bundt

I was cleaning out my kitchen drawer, the one stuffed with pens...markers...coupons...pieces of chocolate...playdoh...random recipes from magazine, blogs, books from the library. I came across a pear bundt cake recipe that I had worked on a while ago. I was trying to make it healthier (there is only 1/4 C of butter in the recipe). So I decided to give it another try.


chopped up d'anjou & bosc pears that I had










Pear Vanilla Bundt Cake

3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups vanilla sugar* or regular granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1/2 cup pear sauce or unsweetened apple sauce 
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups whole milk
1 1/2 - 2 cups peeled, diced pear (1 large or 2 small)

Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 10 inch bundt pan.

1.  Sift all the dry (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) ingredients in a bowl. 
2. In another large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time.  Then add the vanilla extract and the pear sauce.
3. Alternating add the dry and wet ingredients to the butter/sugar mixture. Stir only until just combined, then gently fold in the diced pears.

Bake for about 50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. After the cake cools you can dust it with powdered sugar.


*You can easily make vanilla sugar.  After I use a vanilla bean (the seeds scraped out).  I throw the empty bean into a jar of sugar.  Just make sure the jar or container is airtight and voila you have vanilla sugar.
Have a great weekend! We have a fun Saturday planned...will blog about it on Monday!


It's Super Bowl Sunday....I loved Ferris Bueller's Day Off...Go Giants!



No comments:

Post a Comment