Monday, April 23, 2012

Cleaning products

It's Spring cleaning time!

I've been researching cleaning products. I like to keep a clean house, though it doesn't happen all the time.  I try to use natural cleaning products, but I discovered that some of the products on my shelf were not so great for one's health.

Here are some websites I used.


The best kind is homemade cleaners.  I mixed baking soda (I buy a big bag from Costco) and Castile soap to clean my bathroom sinks.

from Simple magazine

For my windows I've been using Windex for years and more recently Windex without ammonia.  Windex got a 4 out of 10 (10 being the best and 0 being the worst).  Yikes! I made the switch to Method Glass cleaner which got a 10. 


I was using Pledge & Orange Glo wood cleaner.  Not anymore.  Now I am using Method Wood for Good polish.


I use Scrubbing Bubbles Soap Scum Remover with Orange Action to clean my bathroom sink and tub.  This one scored well so I put it back on the shelf.


I also use Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day all purpose cleaner. I have the unscented one and I add a couple of drops of orange oil in it to give it a fresh smell.  This was rated 10 as well.  I was surprised to see that not all of Mrs. Meyer's products didn't receive a 10.


I'm still looking into granite cleaner.  I use Granite Gold daily cleaner.

If you want to make your own cleaner here is the recipe that I have used:

2 teaspoons Castile soap (I use Trader Joe's scented with peppermint oil)
1/4 cup 70% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol
water
32 oz spray bottle


Place 1 teaspoon Castile soap, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, and fill the remaining 32 oz spray bottle with water. If your Castile soap isn't scented you can add a teaspoon of essential oil. 

Make sure you wipe down with water once in while do you don't get soap build up. 

Happy Spring Cleaning!

 

5 comments:

  1. If you need proof why you should invest in hygienic door handles, knowing these facts might help. About 80% of infectious diseases are passed on from one person to the next by touch. iMec Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a wonderful description of each important concern and that too in a concise manner. Author did his job perfectly. He succeeds to deliver his thoughts with best of his knowledge and I am really very impressed with his efforts.
    บริการทำความสะอาด

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liquid cleaning product is always suitable for home cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When coming to a service level SKT cleaning services are been reputed in the market who is completely client oriented as they makes sure that the work which is been assigned have to be completed on time and with the same efficiency. Hence all the feedback provided by the clients are always been kept in priority and the company make sure that each and every word of the client is been taken care and the required changes for the best performance.

    Housekeeping Services | Home Cleaning Services | Cleaning Services In Dubai | Move In & Move Out Cleaning Services | Carpet Cleaning Services | Curtain Cleaning Services | Maids Services In Dubai | Office Cleaning Services | Cleaning Companies In Dubai | Housekeeping Services Dubai | Cleaning Services | Cleaning Companies | Ironing & Laundry Services Dubai | Deep Cleaning Services"

    ReplyDelete