Friday, May 18, 2012

Strawberry Chiffon Cake

This is the June issue of Martha Stewart.  Isn't the cake just lovely?! I can't wait for summer...for lazy days, bbqs, for my tomatoes to ripen & to take walks around the lake.   
 

i received this egg separator as a gift...i finally got to use it

see how the egg white oozes out?! i love how it clips itself to the bowl
whipping egg whites to a stiff peak. so pretty!
the yolk mixture

adding the flour mixture little by little

whisk until smooth
now for the fun part...gently folding in the egg white!
such a nice batter
ready for the oven
assembly time & playing around with instagram

fresh whipped cream
tada! my version of the cake...i didn't have a tube pan.
The cake was really good! I would definitely make it again for a summer potluck.  The only change I would make would be to buy more strawberries and heavy cream. I also added some vanilla to my heavy cream. 

Here is the link to the recipe.  

http://www.marthastewart.com/901686/chiffon-cake-strawberries-and-cream

No comments:

Post a Comment