Thursday, March 7, 2013

gardening and baking


My younger sister is also an avid gardener and before she moved up to sf I promised to check up on her raised box plus I had to check up on my parent's lawn.  I think my parents are one of the few people in their neighborhood who are without a garderner. They had my sister who mowed the lawn, trimmed the bushes and the trees. The lawn mower broke right before she left so the other day I had to mow the lawn with clippers...it was quite a sight.


veggies growing out of control!

please excuse my old phone....the spinach and the chard were almost the same size!


I had some frozen cranberries leftovers from the holidays that I used up for this loaf.


sprinkling a little raw sugar on top before baking it gave it a nice crunch


Have you heard of PappaRich otherwise known as PappaRoti in Asia? There is one shop in Pasadena which is a little too far to swing by. I searched the internet and found a recipe. They were pretty good, but not as light as the real stuff. 

what would I do without my kitchen aid.





No comments:

Post a Comment