Monday, February 25, 2013

on the dinner table

I've been getting tired of my own cooking! These days my dinner menu has been blah. The same ole things showing up on my table.
I began looking through new cookbooks, blogs, and this month's food magazines.

 David Chang's scallion & ginger soba with grilled trumpet mushrooms & tofu.


love this new book by Jenny Rosenstrach

I made this salmon salad from Dinner a Love Story

I didn't have any green beans so I threw in some broccoli

My Martha Stewart magazine came with a little Everday Foods insert
so I made this healthy version of mac and cheese with broccoli except I used all 
full fat dairy product...I didn't have any lowfat milk or cheese on hand.



I tried Lemon Poppyseed muffin's from Dorie Greenspan...sad to report they weren't that good.


I wanted to make cream cheese brownies, but changed my mind and made these.
They were a hit with my daughter and my nieces!

On Saturday some friends came over so my sister and I baked
this lemon cake from the most recent Bon Appetit magazine.
It had a great crust and was very moist. Warning...it has a lot of butter,
sugar, and eggs!



No comments:

Post a Comment