Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easy Peasy Baked Tortilla Chips

I had a pile of corn tortillas left over from dinner last week.  Usually, I throw them  back in the fridge and then eventually forget about them.  This time I decided to make tortilla chips.  It's super easy.   Preheat the oven to 350.  Then brush a little olive oil on each side of the tortilla.  Cut them into wedges like below.  Line them up on a sheet pan and sprinkle with salt.



Bake until nice and brown about 13-15 minutes.  Enjoy with your favorite salsa.  
My favorite salsa is ...


Can be found at Sprouts or Whole Foods.  I can drink this stuff.

These days, word has gotten around about my IEP and how I am able to get services for A without a lawyer.  Some moms have approached me asking me for help and advice.   Yesterday, I met with 4 moms all of them live in my district and are Korean.   Boy, does my Korean suck. 

I can't believe it's already May!


I've also been trying to squeeze some gardening in....

My sunflowers

Have you tried these mini cones from Trader Joe's?  I got them for A.  It's the perfect size and yummy too!

Reading about and missing Tartine...

2 comments:

  1. ooh - love the idea for the tortilla chips - was just staring down a lot of leftover tortillas and wondering what I should do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. catb - did you get to make them? how did they turn out?

    ReplyDelete