Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sorry I've been MIA, but I promise I have a good reason.  I just had A's IEP.  For those of you who don't know, my daughter has autism.  No, she's not like rain man, but she does have a selective memory that will blow you away.  Anyways, an IEP is an Individual Education Plan.  My IEP meetings usually run 3 hours and then some.  I hear from my behavioral supervisor that A has the longest IEPs ever and she's been to a lot of IEP meetings.  She thinks they are trying to wear me down.  Basically, as A's parent and as A's advocate, I fight for A's right for appropriate services and an appropriate education.  You would think that the school district would want the same for their special ed students...nope.  It's quite a battle and quite stressful.  Luckily, I haven't had to hire a lawyer yet, though many in my district do (and my school district is one of the better ones).  We ended the meeting yesterday and this was the first time that I didn't get everything for A.   Right after my meeting, I started to get ready for round 2...first emailing out to friends and family updating them on the meeting and asking for their prayers.  I've been through this before and won.  You think Tiger Mom is scary?!  Us moms with special ed kids are on another level when it comes to being an advocate for our kids.  Well, after school today, A's teacher came up to me to let me know they are reconsidering their decision!  Just wanted to let you know I had a good excuse for my lack of posts :)


This spring break we decided to stay put.  Anna was quite busy with her therapies, going to the library and going on day time dates with me.

We had friends over for a play date.  I don't know who had more fun the kids or us moms. 

Craft time!  These foam mosaic crafts are the best.  No mess and keeps kids busy for 30 minutes.

My friend C brought goodies from Platine.


That little cheesecake was so good!  Lemony with a hint of ginger.

I made raspberry mochi and biscotti. 

Isn't she the cutest?!?! 


My friend A was here from DC.  She took me to the Terranea Resort.  It was such a clear day!  I had such a good time catching up with A and C.  You guys are so hilarious!

Nelsons, one of the restaurants at the resort.

fish tacos

fish and chips

sweet potato fries





We hung out at the resort all afternoon.  Chatting and enjoying the view.  


Then it was off to LA to meet up with my college friends.  One of college roommates got engaged last weekend!!!  My friend D and I set them up 2 years ago.  Congrats A & J!!!! So happy for you both!!! We celebrated by eating at the FARM and then hanging out at the Ritz downtown. 







No comments:

Post a Comment