Monday, January 24, 2011

I took a trip to the motherland last week.  Where is the motherland?  Korea.  I was there for one week.  It was too short.  But I had a great time seeing my relatives, hanging out with my family, and seeing old friends.


Layover in SFO.  If I had one more hour there I would have gone to the Ferry Building.


My dad picked me up at the airport.  Can I say weather shock?!  I went from a zip up sweatshirt to full length wool coat in 12 hours. 


The next morning, I followed my dad on his early morning market run.  My gramps has a restaurant in Korea and my parents help him run it.  Food it's in the blood :)

 Onions, onions and more onions.

 Yes, those are gallon bags of garlic.

See that man on the right in blue?  This was a fruit auction.  It was quite interesting even though I didn't understand a word he was saying.  


Strawberries, the sweetest I've had in a long time! 

yummmmm
My dad walking back home with a case of strawberries.  The rest of the produce was sent to the restaurant.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment