Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Oat Bran Muffins

I'm watching what I'm eating especially since I have to go in and get my cholesterol checked again. But I always have a craving for something carby in the afternoon. I was on a mission a while back to make healthy baked goods, but because of the holidays it got put on hold. I'm back on the saddle again.




Throw your dry ingredients into a bowl.

1 cup whole wheat white flour (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
1 cup oat bran
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix it around with a whisk.


Measure all the wet ingredients and throw it into a big Pyrex cup or bowl.

1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (I used maple syrup)
1 cup yogurt (this time around I used Trader Joe's lowfat yogurt I had better results with non fat Fage Greek yogurt)
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 ripe banana mashed


1 big granny smith apple chopped into small bits.


Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and then add the apples. Mix. So easy!


I make these muffins in my mini muffin tins. Grease the muffin pan. Make life easier and use an ice cream scoop to put the batter into the muffin tins.


Bake at 350 for about 14 minutes.


Tada!

**I just realized that the print on my pictures are a tad too small. Sorry for making you squint!

No comments:

Post a Comment