Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lemon Buttermilk Cake

Lemon Buttermilk Cake

I had half a carton of buttermilk about to expire.  So I was on the hunt of buttermilk recipes.  I found this recipe in one of the library books I borrowed. 

Can you see the specks of the lemon zest?

Final product without the glaze
 Recipe
 From Stonewall Kitchen Favorites

1 1/2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup of buttermilk
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Grated zest of one lemon (I used a Meyer lemon)
1/2 cup of oil 

Preheat the oven to 350.  Grease one 8-inch cake pan.

In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.

In another bowl, mix the sugar and buttermilk with a whisk. Add the eggs and mix well.  Add the vanilla and the zest and mix.  
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth.  Then add the oil and mix until incorporated.

Bake for about 30 minutes.




All my seeds are now planted.

New succulent plant from my friend L.

No comments:

Post a Comment