Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Monday

We celebrated my friend L's birthday last Friday.  But I felt like it was my birthday too.  A fun morning and afternoon sans kids and good food!

I saw Top Chef Season 2 winner Ilan getting his morning coffee

PourOverBar coffee
  

Next stop.....Bottega Louie...dessert before lunch.






Lunch at SUGARFISH

Many of you who know me are probably wondering what I ate since I don't eat sashimi :)

I do eat tuna

Crab Rolls!


 After lunch, we decided to go for a second lunch and get ramen in Japan Town.  Yes, we like to walk on the wild side.

on the way to J town.  It was such a beautiful day in LA.

The ramen house was crowded and the wait was too long.  After all we had children that needed to picked up from school.  


Problem solved....Mochi!





 Then for dinner I really wanted to try the Burnt Truck.  Mini sliders.  Luckily, they were nearby.  I had the Vietnamese Pork.  They were really tasty.  I forgot my camera.

pictures from mobimunch.com


Sunday Night I went over H's house after church.  She is a good cook and bakes well too.  Though she will deny it in her sweet southern voice of hers.  She whipped up some okonomiyaki for us.

I've always wanted to make this at home, but never knew which mix to buy.

Follow the directions on the back and add some cabbage and green onions.

Throw some bacon on top cuz bacon makes everything taste better.


The white specks are mayo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment