Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mochi

Japanese Mochi


ohhh pizza mochi!
I've been meaning to buy and experiment with this mochi.  The mochis come individually wrapped in this bag. 

I threw it on the frying pan with a little oil.  Once it started to brown I sprinkled sugar on it.  
It was ok.  Not as great as I hoped it would be.  There was a bit of a weird after taste to it.  Guess I need to figure out how to get rid of the after taste or maybe try another brand or better to stick to fresh mochi or make them at home. 

2 comments:

  1. hey jeehee lois and i were just looking at your blog bc lois has studying to do and therefore was diverting herself by looking on other people's facebooks. Anyway have you tried taking sweet rice flour (chapsal garu) and pouring hot water to make a dough, and then putting that on the frying pan? That I think tastes better than mochi fried. Eat dipped in honey.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounded so good that I already went out and bought a box of sweet rice flour :)

    ReplyDelete