Friday, April 8, 2011

chocolate cinnamon biscotti

One may ask what does one do all week long with a sick kid. When A napped, I organized and threw away all our files (it took a long long time), I cleaned out the freezer, I rearranged furniture then put then back to their original place, I took down pictures from walls and found them new homes, I cleaned the patio and gardened a bit, I painted my toes, I thought of all the things I could have been doing if A was at school, I read my first Jodi Picoult book and I baked.



shape the dough into a long piece of log

once out the oven  ( first time) let it cool for about 25 minutes then cut it with a serrated knife

place them flat on a sheet pan and throw them in the oven for about 15 more minutes

best with a cup of coffee
Chocolate Cinnamon Biscotti
 
2 cups of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup ( 1 stick) of butter at room temp.
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of chopped chocolate or chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350.
In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.  


In the Kitchen Aid (or any electric mixer), beat the butter and sugar.  Once it is creamy add the cinnamon.  Mix.  Then add the eggs one at a time.  Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.  Finally add the chocolate pieces.  


Form the dough into a log (like the picture above).  I shaped it right on the sheet pan.  Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.  When done take it out of the oven and cool on the baking sheet for about 25 minutes.  

Once cooled, place the log on a cutting board.  Use a serrated knife and cut the log on the diagonal (refer to picture above).

Arrange the cut pieces back onto the sheet pan and bake for another 15 minutes.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment