Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Last Week...

Last night we headed out to Fashion Island.  While sister shopped we walked around and enjoyed the sunset.   After being stuck at home for a week, it was nice to be out.


Small view of the Pacific
Last week was bit of a blur.  So in no particular order...this is what I did/ made.

When A was sick I made her chicken soup.  I had leftover stock so I decided to make Korean knife noodles (aka kalkooksoo....knife noodles because the dough is cut with a knife)



I also had ripe bananas....so I made chocolate banana muffins...

Aren't these adorable? Found them at Michaels.



I went to my friend L's place for dinner.  She made the mochi recipe I posted, but she used Bob Mill's rice flour and her mochi cake came out with a very different texture.  I brought her a box of Mochiko.  She didn't have any blueberries, we threw in the next best thing...raspberries.
I actually liked the raspberries better than the blueberries.

We also went to Wien Bakery in Korea town.  Was quite disappointed.



A will be on break next week.  I can't wait!  Thinking of ways to occupy her.  FYI as I am typing this she is having a major meltdown right now about not wanting to take a shower.  Yikes...maybe I can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment