Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Friday

I am thankful that I have a good group of friends and I am especially grateful that a small handful of them live near me.  It makes me miss my friends who live out of state or in Northern Ca (you girls know who you are!).


Recently Le Pain Quotidien opened nearby



french toast


my pot of coffee

I made banana bread this week.  I have used the same recipe for many years and for some reason I decided to play around with my recipe...maybe because it was midnight and I was feeling a little crazy.








Banana Bread

Yields: one loaf

1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter at room temperature 
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed

2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large ripe bananas pureed


Preheat the oven to 350

1. In a bowl sift the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda, salt) and set aside.

2. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugars together.  Add the eggs one at a time and then add the vanilla. Finally add the pureed bananas.

3. Add half of the sour cream and then half of the dry ingredients.  Repeat.  

Bake for about 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. Looks moist and delicious. I love banana bread with chocolate chips. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete