Tuesday, March 20, 2012

zucchini bread

In the oven....







Zucchini Bread
adapted from Sunset magazine
makes 2 loaves or one bundt loaf

3 cups of whole wheat white flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon  of baking powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups of grated zucchini 
1 teaspoon of vanilla
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  

Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease 2 loaf pans (9 in.). 

In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add sugar, oil, zucchini, & vanilla.  Mix well.

Add flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nuts. Stir until just combined.

Pour batter into pans. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of each loaf 

comes out 

clean, 50 minutes.


On the table...
new puzzle we borrowed from my friend L.



This is the colonial dress I made for my niece...I didn't know if I could pull it off (it's 3 pieces...skirt, top, and apron), but I even surprised myself :)

my niece picked out the fabric and trimmings

my lovely niece ready for colonial day

1 comment:

  1. Zucchini bread sounds delicious! And you used whole wheat flour - yay!

    The dress looks fabulous! I don't think I even sew buttons on right.

    Suh-Yun :)

    ReplyDelete