Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's Wednesday!

On the gardening front

For the last 3 years, I started planting seeds instead of buying plants.  This year I decided to mix it up. I also decided to plant more flowers this year since I am not sure of my summer plans.







from left to right: nasturtium, sweet peas, chives (2 different varieties), morning glories, cucumbers (2 different varieties), sunflowers




My amaryllis
They finally bloomed!





Sewing
My niece has colonial day at school this week. All the 5th graders have to wear clothes from the colonial days. I decided to try and make her outfit for her. We went to Jo-Ann's and she chose her fabric. I am planning to hand sew it since I don't own sewing machine that works. Wish me luck!



Saturday Outing

We had some cafe time at Pappa Rich in Old Town Pasadena. The worker at the counter told me that it's a big chain in Korea called Pappa Roti. It's a Malaysian Korean Bakery. A enjoyed her warm bun and my coffee was nice and dark. If you want to know more about it....here is a link to Jonathon Gold's LA Times review.




Then off to The Griffith Observatory.  The weather was perfect! 



Passion Fruit

Wondering what to do with them...any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment